Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My dad says the darnest thing! ;)

Last night, dad called... We had our usual roll call (once every 2-3 days)... Dad asked whether I need more money... And, I as the filial daughter said no... After some gossip exchange and wise words, we both hang up...

Then, I went back to facebook and my online bookings... Looking at my newly-arrived glossy credit card, I decided to enlighten my friends about my new-found toy through my facebook status...

Went straight to bed after I was done with the day...

...
....
.....


*Mercy me blared from my phone in the middle of the night*

I picked up the phone... 'Ohh... a text from dad'

'Girl, u got yrself a c card? Congratz. Question: why now?'

Me, being all sleepy just replied

'Have to do online bookins 4 my trip with my oz frens'

2 more exchanges of texts... I resumed my snoring.....

Next day (aka today), dad called at 10 am... (5 am in Malaysia)...

*Note that he called me that early even though he had already called me the day before... I thought something bad happened...*


Here goes the conversation...

Me: Why are you calling me this early?

Dad: Haiyo, I got a shock yesterday ma.


Me: Huh? Why? About my credit card?


Dad: Ya lor... I thought you have some financial problems, didn't dare to tell me when I asked you whether you need more money, and applied credit card to deal with your debts...


Me: Hahahahahaha... You think I got involved with ah long and loan sharks is it?


Dad: *chuckles* Yea... Mana tau not just ah long, got ah chong, ah boon... hahahaha...


Me: Aiyo, don't worry k... I'm doing fine and I have money...


Dad: Ok lah... I just got a shock ma... You know lah you... Always keep things to yourself, and I have to find things out through your blog or facebook... Scare me only... Coz you never mentioned about credit cards then suddenly apply for one... hahahahaha


Me: Hahahaha... Ok lah... you should get ready for work...


Dad: Ahh... you take care yea.. Tell me if you need money... Love you girl.


Me: Love you too. Bye.




Ain't I blessed to have a dad like that ;)