Thursday, April 23, 2009

In hopes of smoothing the bumpy patches...

I'm not gonna deny... I have been struggling with acne... for quite some time...

The weird thing is, I don't necessarily get big, red pimples, scattered all over the sacred ground of my face; nor pits and peepholes here and there to make my face a replica of the moon...

BUT, I have these tiny miny moey acne calling my face home! They can be easily covered under heavy foundation, but a close look at me, one would feel like squeezing my blackheads or poke around those irritating mini bumps.

Besides, what I realised was: big, obvious pimples are actually easier to be treated, and I could easily get rid of them (if they pops out) within weeks... yet these tiny miny moey ones just wouldn't part from me!!! *arghhhhhhhhh*


The best part of it all, when I started noticing my facial complexion getting better, my ignorant, annoying Aunt Mary just have to pay me a visit... And guess what, she brought more friends to join my tiny miny moey clan -.-

This process has been going on for years...

So, I think it's time not to just rely on chemicals, and start getting my diet right! To be honest, I haven't been eating really healthily as tim tams and instant noodles will become my staple food during 'crazy times'... (I guess most students will feel me... lol)

Ok... A few clicks here and there... I have finally decided on 5 diet tips which I hope I could persistently hold on to, in hopes of bidding farewell to the unmissable tenants of my body... (maybe the family of 'fat' could join the migration too...hehehe)


And behold...

1. Avoid Milk!

This is going to be hard as New Zealand milk is relatively one of the best... sob...

Well, apparently milk contains certain hormone that could trigger acne breakouts... Coffee with cream or milk, or a bowl of cereal every now and then wouldn't do your skin any harm. But don't drink more than a glass of milk a day.


2. Cut down on sugar consumption!

Although it still haven't been scientifically proven, excessive sugar consumption can make acne worse! So, I would have to cut down on chocolates (bye whitaker, cadbury, tim tam, m&m's...sob), lollies, and soft drinks @_@

this is really heart-breaking... sob...


3. Increase Fish oil consumption.

Omega 3 fats found in fish are essential for healthy skin and acne prevention. Seems like I have to add salmon, cod and tuna onto my menu~

wouldn't really mind eating this for the rest of my life.... but.... 'ka-ching'....


4. Eat vitamins!

Some vitamins are essential for acne diet such as Vitamin B5 and Vitamin A. Although a good multivitamin pill a day would also do the trick but one shouldn't forget the old school way of eating fresh fruits and vegetables!

Hmm... tough choice...


5. Say... Zink Zink zink!

Zink can reduce acne! Include eggs, whole grains and mushroom into the regular diet as they are a good source of zink. The reason it can help is because is busts your immune system, helping your body cure acne naturally. That's definitely killing two birds with one stone ;)

doesn't look bad at all~


Mental note to self: Felicia, it's time to face reality and toughen up. let's try this for 2 weeks... if it doesn't work.... just google around for other remedies....Lol...

4 comments:

kyox said...

mine worst that urs, ten times....i used to it liao...cant heal...lazy dy...

FeLiciap7 said...

Serious? can't really see from your pictures though... Don't tell me you use makeup too...hehehe

Jarod Yong said...

You girls are too much.
I never even noticed your skin problems!

Anyway, I want to go for a facial...
Give me a call when you're back in Malaysia!

kyox said...

nope, i photocop my pic!wkakakak