Monday, April 27, 2009

Insanity struck!

Phew... Feels kinda whack since we're pretty much done with our assignments... for now... The relief felt was really beyond words...*shrugs off the thoughts of yesterday..brrrrrrr...*

Yesterday was insane, frustrating and somewhat suffocating... BUT... I survived, and that my friend, calls for a celebration!


To start off, my flatmate moved out on Saturday, and I was supposed to move into her room (since its bigger and nicer and only 6 dollars more expensive than my current room)...

BUT... My stupid landlord didn't come to inspect her room hence I couldn't move my stuff in... the best part was, not till I texted him, he didn't even bother to tell us that he could only come the next day!

He wasted my day, coz not only I had my stuff all packed with no where to go (I actually had to dig through my bags for my moisturizer and stuff), I had an online assignment due that midnight! Well, I'm not that much of a procrastinator and I kinda expect some sort of stupidity from my landlord, therefore I was so glad that I had my assignment sorted earlier...


The real drama started the next day!

My landlord - James texted me saying he will meet my ex-flatmate in my apartment at 11am to inspect the room, clear the bond, and terminate the contract.

Guess what, from 11 it became 12.

That's not all...

After settling everything with lil Jenny aka ex-flatmate, he turned to me and told me 'jokingly' that a girl is moving into my room at 2pm!

i was like wth! He didn't even have any successful tenants from the few visits he made and he just dropped the bombshell that some (quote: young, but slightly older than me taiwanese girl) is moving in... and at 2pm! leaving me less than 2 hours to move my stuffs and clean my freaking room!

I wasn't gonna let him step over me... I fought back... I told him it is ridiculous to ask me to evacuate and provide tip top cleaning service in 2 hours since I was promised a whole aka yesterday to move my stuff.. Him sensing my displeasure, told me that the girl would be considerate and wouldn't mind waiting for me to finish my business... In my mind I was thinking, if I'm that poor girl who just arrived from christchurch and wanted to move into my new place, all I want is a clean and vacant room where I can dump all my things in, take a shower and rest... ain't not gonna stand there looking at the ex-tenant scrubing and vacumming away~


Anyway, I chose to suck it up and just do what I could... Talking to L definitely helps to cheer me up... Before I know, I actually finished everything before 2pm, and later took my time decorating my room while waiting for James and the newbie to show up...

Guess what, they showed up at 3.30pm! All the rush for _______ ??? Arghhhhhh....


Before that, i cooked something simple for lunch... Haven't eaten anything since morning and was dying to have some proper food~

Then.. surprise surprise... James appeared with a young lady who was just holding a handbag??? *hmmm... I thought she is supposed to move in?*

She went ooh and ahh at how new and clean the place is *duh... I cleaned it*, how simple is it just to live with another person in a 2-bedroom apartment *duh...again*, how super strategic the location is *dduhhhhhh*, then how it is out of her budget... huh???

Doesn't that quite feel like the elimination round in America's Next Top Model when Tyra will just praise someone on and on before announcing that "I'm sorry, you are not in the run of becoming America's Next Top Model"?????

James then proceeded to show her the laundry room while trying to persuade her to 'follow the initial deal' and take the room. He told me he will come back to talk about the broken towel heater rack in my new room, but he never did. Poof... That irresponsible jerk left, without notice without any text.. surprise surprise...


After all the unnecessary drama and hardwork... I had to tidy up and edit this other assignment due the next day.. It was just such a long day... BUT... It's over now...

On a lighter note, I shall present the transformation of my humble abode to the eyes of all...rather, just to amuse myself really..hahahaha...



From a room with 1 single bed, 1 set of desk and chair...




I moved into a room with 2 beds (bunk) and 1 long desk with 2 chairs.. not to forget.. bigger space too ;)



After a few touch of magic here and there...

before


After


Before


After


Before


After



...

And my simple yet satisfying energy booster~




... and that's a wrap!

9 comments:

kyox said...

waaa ur room so nice~~much better than my apt~~~and your breakfast is very seductive! wakakakkaka

angeline said...

THat looks like my old room at 19E. By the way, it happens quite a lot in princeton. When I was there, me and my flatmate were expected to move out of my apartment (yes i mean move out) in 3 days. During study break time. (apparently a new owner bought the apartment and wanted it back, and princeton i suspect have been sitting on that notice, did not tell us and try to shift the blame that the owner told them late) and he split us up to some crappy unit, for which we complained like hell and threatened to sue them ...

Keith Tan said...

Omg... those photos on the wall!
To freak off those small creatures rite? haha...
Nice room anyway =)

nirzehrun said...

Felicia,
that looks yummy! =)

FeLiciap7 said...

Kyox, I know my room is nice... sob... don't wanna trade it for that badly termite-infested dorm back in IPBA when i return to malaysia.... lol... btw.. that was not breakfast k... had it at 2.30pm, so it's brunch brother...

Angeline, i'm not under princeton management. My room is under a landlord who bought the place.. and he's just plain inefficient and thought he could bully us sometimes... T.T

Keith, i know you're just jealous that your pic is not on my sacred wall... hahahaha

JG, where's your blog? hehehehe

alfina said...

ada gamba i tak kat wall u?

i cant see.

u have to invite me to ur place.
hehe

Jarod Yong said...

I always thought that Kiwis were more responsible & punctual but I guess there are exceptions everywhere!
=)

FeLiciap7 said...

Zt, tentulah ada bos kesayanganku, tu gambar-gambar nescafe kickstart, bowling trip and umsa malaysian night...hehehe

Jarod, my landlord is kiwi-asian unfortunately...

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the downgrade delivery of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=fineprint pdf factory pro 3.30 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you use the dreary methods of inspiriting of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg